You can add security cameras to your home so you can see what is happening and also deter crime.
Here is a photo from porch showing someone stealing a package.
You can DIY install if you have tools and a ladder.
The cameras are small.
Typical overhead camera
Using software on your laptop you can view all the cameras live.
A home security system typically looks like this
Home Security Systems key features:
- Battery backup
- Rechargable battery
- 4G or 5G
- Remote controll
- Voice control
Cameras can be hidden in plants
If you already have wifi then the install will be easier.
Some cameras can turn and focus
Home security stats from safewise.com:
- Property crime is 83% of total
- Package theft is the number one property crime.
- $17 billion worth of property was reported stolen in 2020.
- 2800 burglaries happen every day in the US with average loss of $2300.
- 56% of burglaries involve forced entry.