You can add security cameras to your home so you can see what is happening and also deter crime. Here is a photo from porch showing someone stealing a package. It really happens!
You can DIY install if you have tools and a ladder.
The cameras are small.
Infographic showing components like detection sensor, pan, tilt, alarm, and SD slot.
Some of the top brands are:
- Night Owl
- Wyze Labs
The US smart home camera market has been growing steadily.
- 2020 $900 million
- 2021 $1.1 billion
- 2022 $1.3 billion
Typical overhead camera looks like this, and is barely noticeable.
Using software on your laptop you can view all the cameras live.
A home security system typically looks like this
Home Security Systems key features:
- Battery backup
- Rechargable battery
- 4G or 5G
- Remote controll
- Voice control
Cameras can be hidden in plants
If you already have wifi then the install will be easier.
Some cameras can turn and focus
Home security stats from safewise.com:
- Property crime is 83% of total
- Package theft is the number one property crime.
- $17 billion worth of property was reported stolen in 2020.
- 2800 burglaries happen every day in the US with average loss of $2300.
- 56% of burglaries involve forced entry.